Norene Gilletz is the leading author of Kosher cookbooks in Canada, and her network of fans and followers spans the globe. Tune in to hear Norene in conversation with special guests, talking about Jewish cooking and culinary traditions.
Episode 1 - In the beginning: “Second Helpings, Please!”
Guest: Harriet Nussbaum
To celebrate 50 years of the iconic “Second Helpings, Please!” cookbook, Norene caught up with one of the founding contributors, Harriet Nussbaum. Up until recently, Harriet’s address had always been at the back of the book, making her the point of contact for orders and questions from around the world. She joined Norene to reminisce about how this fundraising project launched Norene’s culinary career, and how SHP! stands the test - and taste - of time.
- See a photo of Norene and Harriet!
- 'Like' Norene’s Kitchencast on Facebook
- The official Norene's Kitchencast website
- Looking to purchase a new copy of “Second Helpings, Please?” Profits benefit Act to End Violence Against Women.
- Support the sponsors that support us! Magen Meats, Kiss the Cook, Fruit of the Land
- For information about Norene Gilletz Kitchen Products, cookbooks and appearances: gourmania.com
Get in touch
Share a "Second Helpings, Please!" memory!! We’d love to hear from you. Leave us a message on Facebook, or write an Email/record a voice note and send it to email@example.com. We may share your reflections as part of a future episode.